Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Data Visualization

This is a concept that I think I have always been aware of, but I never considered it in this context. I am personally a visual learner and a Biology major so when I am reading a research paper one of the first things I do is look for a graph or picture representation. But if you really think about it, what I am looking at is a visualization of the words on the page and I am drawn more and more engaged to the research now. This is what the video was saying. People are more interested when a visual is involved. They are able to understand and interpret better.

I really liked the cartography. The map of flight pattern was really cool because it looked like an outline of the United States, but it technically was not.

I also really liked how the data looked like it was moving. It looked like it was actually telling a story and made you want to learn more and look at it more. It does not look like it all has meaning, but when you put it into context it allows the viewer to really experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment